Surreptitious vomiting or diuretic abuse - metabolic alkalosis, Laxative abuse - non-gap metabolic acidosis.
2) Aquaporin 2 - apical membrane of collecting duct, Aquaporins 3 and 4 - basolateral membrane of collecting duct, Aquaporin 1 - proximal tubule.
3) Hemodialysis access rule of 6s: 6 weeks after the AV fistula has been placed, the fistula should:
1) be able to support a blood flow of 600 ml/min 2) be at a maximum of 6mm from the surface 3) have a diameter greater than 6mm.
4) Chronic lead exposure: 1) Interstitial nephritis 2) Gout 3) HTN
5) Calcineurin inhibitors, key differences - Tacrolimus: hair loss and higher rates of NODAT. Cyclosporin: hair growth and gum hyperplasia.